Re: [O] [patch] better(?) indention for cdlatex-environment

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] better(?) indention for cdlatex-environment
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:10:00 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I don't see how it is desirable. The logical behaviour is to split the
>> line, unless, of course, docstring clearly specifies this.
>
> I don't feel strongly about it.  Anyway, I like this better.  Cdlatex is,
> um, "opinionated" about is insertion of newlines.

I still think it is better to split line. Your behaviour just requires
a C-e before calling the function.

This is also simpler to implement, which is non negligible.

> cdlatex-environment always return nil.  I would have to analyze if
> something got inserted "manually".  IOW, I don't have the name of the
> environment, and cdlatex-environment returns nil if I press C-g and if I
> select and environment.  I don't know how to distinguish the cases.

If point moved, some text was inserted.

> The attached patch works "as expected" at all locations marked with "|",
> but not the one marked with "/" and "\", which lead to the next question.
> | - i1 | i2 |
> / - i3 |
> \
>
> I expect indentation at all points not at bol.
>
> At "\" (org-get-indentation) returns 2 even though I'm at bol.  Why?

`org-get-indentation' returns the column of the first non-blank
character on the line. This has nothing to do with the point.

> Regarding "/".  In the following i2 is indented meaning that
> (org-get-indentation) becomes 2.  Is that a feature?
>
> (with-temp-buffer
>   (org-mode)
>   (insert "\n- i1\n- i2")
>   (beginning-of-line)