[O] [DONE] Re: Org Linking to Bookmark [+]

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: [O] [DONE] Re: Org Linking to Bookmark [+]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:45:59 -0500

Thanks, Drew; I have it now. To all concerned, it's easy to add bookmark+ link
support to org-mode with the following:

;;; * bmkp links http://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-hyperlink-types.html
     (org-add-link-type "bmkp" 'org-bmkp-open)
     (add-hook 'org-store-link-functions 'org-bmkp-store-link)

     (defcustom org-bmkp-command 'bookmark-jump
       "The Emacs command to be used to display a bmkp page."
       :group 'org-link
       :type '(choice (const bookmark-jump) (const bookmark-jump-other-window)))

     (defun org-bmkp-open (path)
       "Visit the bmkppage on PATH.
     PATH should be a bookmark name that can be thrown at the `bookmark-jump'
function."
       (funcall org-bmkp-command path))

     (defun org-bmkp-store-link ()
       "Store a link to a bmkp bookmark."
       (when (memq major-mode '(bookmark-bmenu-mode))
         (let* ((bookmark (bookmark-bmenu-bookmark))
                (link (concat "bmkp:" bookmark))
                (description (format "Bookmark: %s" bookmark)))
           (org-store-link-props
            :type "bmkp"
            :link link
            :description description))))