Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:47:29 +0000

Hi Rasmus,

2015ko otsailak 10an, Rasmus-ek idatzi zuen:

[...]

> Keys I don't care about, since they are quite biblatex specific:
>     smartcite, autocide, parentcite*, uppercase variants. *volcites(s) (any
> objections?)

Smartcite is like footcite in regular text and parencite in footnotes.
I think we probably want functionality like that, but it should be in
lisp so that it works for all backends.

The uppercase variants are important for correctness with names like
“von Neumann”.  When we write a sentence which begins “Von Neumann
(19xx) claimed that...” the “von” must be capitalized, though it
should be lowercase in non-sentence-initial position.  Of course, we
don’t need to copy the biblatex convention of capitalized command
names to represent this in org.  Perhaps a :capitalize t property
could be added, assuming one of the proposals is adopted that allows
the inclusion of a property list in the citation.

--
Aaron Ecay