Re: [O] [BUG] on export resulting in endless evaluation

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] on export resulting in endless evaluation
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 00:44:14 +0000 (UTC)

Rainer M Krug <Rainer <at> krugs.de> writes:

> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
> > Rainer M Krug wrote:

[discussion of problem, diagnostic methods, and cures deleted]

> 1) I thought that header-args is simply a string, but it already seems
> to be a list?

Depends on which `header-args' one is discussing:

1. A property, as in `(org-entry-get (point) "header-args" t)'

2. The value of `(nth 2 (org-babel-get-src-block-info))'

3. The value of an elisp variable like `org-babel-default-header-args'

4. The 4th string matched by `org-babel-src-block-regexp'

5. The first string matched by `org-babel-multi-line-header-regexp'

1, 4 and 5 are strings. 2 and 3 are lists.

[more questions deleted]

Exactly what happens and when is a long story, involving a bunch of
functions.

You might start by reading `org-babel-get-src-block-info' and
`org-babel-merge-params'.

I think most of what you need to know really is in

   (info "(org) Using header arguments")
and
   (info "(org) Property syntax")

Just remember that a property called `header-args' is a string until Babel
starts working on it.

> 5) Is there any way in getting, in this function, the same output
> (header-args) as from the code block suggested by Charles:

You might try

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results pp
   (cons (org-entry-get (point) "header-args" t)
         (nth 2 (org-babel-get-src-block-info)))
#+END_SRC

HTH,

Chuck