Re: [O] naming image files before exporting to PDF

From: Timothée Flutre
Subject: Re: [O] naming image files before exporting to PDF
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 10:15:10 +0100

Thanks for your answers. In fact, the problem comes from the LaTeX package "underscore" (I had it in my ~/.emacs).

In this situation:

#+latex_header: \usepackage{underscore}
#+latex_header: \graphicspath{ {./images/} }
[[file:simul001_a-4_b-0-1.pdf]]
=> the image is not displayed

Whereas in this situation:
#+latex_header: \graphicspath{ {./images/} }
[[file:simul001_a-4_b-0-1.pdf]]
=> the image is displayed correctly

Therefore, if one needs to have any underscore in the text as well as in image file names, the only way I found is to use the verbatim mode ("=" in org-mode) to handle underscore in text.
Here is an example that works:

#+latex_header: \graphicspath{ {./images/} }
File name: =simul001_a-4_b-0-1.pdf=
[[file:simul001_a-4_b-0-1.pdf]]

Note also that underscore "_" and hyphen "-" work well separately as well as together.

Timothée Flutre

I remember a similar problem, and the cuprit was the dot. If I remember
correctly, LaTeX was interpreting everything after the *first* "." as
the extension.

After avoiding "." in file names for images, it worked.

"_" are fine.

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug