Re: [O] [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersand in URL

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersand in URL
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 12:03:28 +0100

* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ,----[ resulting mm-file ]
>> | <li><a
>> href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded";>Emacs
>>  Rocks 11 - swank-js</a></li>
>> `----
>>
>> When I remove the "&" from the mm-file, FreeMind is able to
>> import/show the mind-map without any issues.

Forgot to mention: when I start xml-mode with the mm-file, it shows
one error at the ampersand (missing semi-colon) as well.

>> This might be related with the HTML exporter since ox-freemind.el is
>> using ox-html.
>
> This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
> there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?

I checked with an HTML verifier from http://validator.w3.org/check
(HTML Snippet, XHTML 1.0 Strict):

,----[ Generated HTML page for validator ]
| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
| <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
|     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
|  <head>
|    <title>I AM YOUR DOCUMENT TITLE REPLACE ME</title>
charset=UTF-8" />
|  </head>
|
| <ul>
|  <li><a
href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded";>Emacs
 Rocks 11 - swank-js</a></li>
| </ul>

`----

There are multiple errors and warnings that relate to the ampersand.

So I guess the URL is not quoted/sanitized properly.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github