Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:44:44 -0800

On Wed,  4 Feb 2015 at 04:06:36 PST,
Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Erik Hetzner <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I concentrated on getting the parser to recognize valid citations
> > first. I have now finished this part (excepting any bugs, of course :)
> > and will need to add code to generate a proper parse tree. Then it can
> > be integrated into org-element.el.
>
> The point of "org-element.el" is to generate a parse tree. If you
> generate it yourself, you do not need the library. Therefore, I'm not
> sure to understand the "integration" part.
>
> Also, AFAIU, the syntax for valid citations is not defined explicitly so
> far. For example, I don't think it was discussed if any subset of Org
> objects (e.g., macros or bold text) is allowed in a citation. Is there
> any document we could merge into Org syntax document?

Hi Nicolas,

I didn’t mean to push too far ahead. I’m hoping that when we have
working code, we can work out some of these tricky issues and get the
syntax properly documented. Embedding italic text and links in
citations is, for instance, something that I think is important to
support.

Regarding org-element.el, I meant that this code would extend
org-element to generate org-element.el compatible objects for the
citations. Does that make sense? I admit that I have not read
org-element.el carefully, so I might be wrong about how to proceed.

The pandoc grammar is, I believe, more complicated than any structure
currently present in org-mode, and so the parser was a little
trickier.

best, Erik
--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.