Re: [O] Agenda add item, move point

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda add item, move point
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:52:35 -0500

Your point is on the created entry? When I do `i d` the entry is created
somewhere down in the midst of my big list, and I have to use C-s to search for
it and then I add things (such as with `t` for todo, `C-d` for deadline, `>`
for additional time details). The trouble is finding it in the list, which
seems to require something like `C-s` and searching for some of the text I just
entered.

I'm using Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-30-gca21b7-elpa). I'm also not using
regular diary, but the following (perhaps relevant?). I would LOVE to have my
point automatically go to the newly created item, as yours seems to.

(setq org-agenda-include-diary nil)
;; org-agenda
(setq org-agenda-diary-file "~/emacs/agenda.org"
      org-special-ctrl-o nil
      org-agenda-span 'day)