[O] C-u org-clock-in-last not moving point

From: David Aaron Fendley
Subject: [O] C-u org-clock-in-last not moving point
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:59:27 -0600

I'm encountering an issue when using C-u org-clock-in-last.

Whenever I select an item from the list, it either clocks me into the
the heading that my cursor is currently on, or it throws an error:

    byte-code: Before first headline at position 2123 in buffer

My issue is identical to this unanswerd superuser question:
http://superuser.com/questions/810043/how-do-i-navigate-the-org-mode-clock-history-menu

I'm using version: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-779-gfe63e5
@ /Users/tricon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130527/)

I get the same result with: emacs -q

I've traced through the org-mode code and understand that it attempts to
set a marker in the buffer for the selected heading, later moving the point
to it; but it doesn't appear to be doing so in practice.

Any thoughts?

David