Re: [O] Org Agenda Mode Line

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Org Agenda Mode Line
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:33:02 -0500

address@hidden (Tory S. Anderson) wrote:
> Suddenly I see my org agenda mode line has, as the buffer name,
>     *Org Agenda(a:2015-01-24)
>
> I've tried closing and restarting agenda but it persists. What does
> this mean?

That looks like a buffer name generated when org-agenda-sticky is
non-nil.  The text in parentheses tells you how the command was invoked.
For example, "*Org Agenda(s:term)*" means that after calling org-agenda,
you pressed 's' and searched for 'term'.  In your case, you used the 'a'
key, but I'm uncertain of how the '2015-01-24' was generated.

How are you trying to close the buffer?  With a sticky agenda, 'q' will
just bury the buffer.  You need to press 'Q' or call kill-buffer
directly to actually kill it.

--
Kyle