Re: [O] ANN: org-vcard. Export/import vCards. Backwards-compatible with

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] ANN: org-vcard. Export/import vCards. Backwards-compatible with org-contacts.el.
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:24:40 +0100

Hi,

Gour <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sub, 2014-08-02 at 11:12 +1000, Alexis wrote:
>
> However, in order to have smooth syncing of my calendar(s) & contacts I
> switched to Evolution in order to sync with my phone using DAVdroid via my own
> instance of ownCloud.

I use this as well.  I don't know of a good step from owncloud-contancts
to Emacs (BBDB or Org, I don't care).  I found AsynK screwed up my
contacts.

> Few days ago I also found out about http://orgzly.com/ and it seems there will
> be nice org client for Android soon (I was not too happy with Mobile).

First time I hear about this.  But I can't find the source code and I
don't think it has been mentioned on this list before...  Color me
skeptical for know.

>> 2. Using org-vcard as a library, create org-carddav (which i hope to
>> start working on shortly) in order to be able to synchronise contacts
>> stored in Org with arbitrary CardDAV servers.

Cool stuff!

Cheers,
Rasmus

--