Re: [O] Sticky agendas not redone when using org-agenda-(set|remove)-res

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Sticky agendas not redone when using org-agenda-(set|remove)-restriction-lock
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:26:16 +0100

Hello,

Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> writes:

> I’m bumping this again, as this feels like a bug and I’m surprised
> that no one has at least responded to it.
>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing this?  Or is my configuration wrong in some way?
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> It seems that agendas created when org-agenda-sticky-mode is t aren’t
>>> automatically redone when calling
>>> org-agenda-(set|remove)-restriction-lock.  The reason is that
>>> (org-agenda-maybe-redo) checks whether there’s a window displaying a
>>> buffer named org-agenda-buffer-name.  Org-agenda-buffer-name is, for
>>> some reason, not set to the (buffer-name) for these sticky agendas
>>> (which get the key that was selected as a suffix, for example, “*Org
>>> Agenda(p)*”).
>>>
>>> I don’t know whether there’s a reason for this, but it seems like it’s
>>> a bug.  Either org-agenda-buffer-name isn’t being set correctly or
>>> (org-agenda-maybe-redo) should be using (buffer-name) instead of
>>> org-agenda-buffer-name.
>>>
>>> If there’s a reason for this, I’d really like to know what it is, so
>>> that I can begin to try to remember to press g whenever I’ve updated
>>> the restriction lock.

According to the manual

     By default, Org maintains only a single agenda buffer and rebuilds
     it each time you change the view, to make sure everything is always
     up to date. If you often switch between agenda views and the build
     time bothers you, you can turn on sticky agenda buffers or make
     this the default by customizing the variable ‘org-agenda-sticky’.
     With sticky agendas, the agenda dispatcher will not recreate agenda
     views from scratch, it will only switch to the selected one, and
     you need to update the agenda by hand with ‘r’ or ‘g’ when needed.
     You can toggle sticky agenda view any time with
     ‘org-toggle-sticky-agenda’.

So the whole point of sticky agenda is that you need to update it
manually.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou