Re: [O] Fwd: demoting a heading inserts spaces in column-0 text

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: demoting a heading inserts spaces in column-0 text
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:10:44 +0100

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:

>   Is this possible?

Why wouldn't it?

>   This indents drawers located at the top, which I think is good
>   enough because it's where org puts the common ones by default.

>   Your examples are more complex, with drawers in the middle of the
>   text or in the middle of lists. In those cases you might need full
>   indentation, but people who only use :CLOCK: and SCHEDULED at the
>   top (and that's the default) could use this option.

>   This is not about „indenting by type“, but about „indenting until
>   point X“, and the trick is to find the right X.

This is what I explained already. Indenting by type will fail in some
cases. Indenting until some location is fine, as long as we are cautious
about the said location.

>   I'd rather have org-adapt-indentation = 'initial-only which works
>   like like org-adapt-indentation = nil with the extra that „Property
>   drawers and planning information is inserted indented“.
>
>   That is, new things appear with the same indentation as the element above.
>   And demoting doesn't indent anything.
>
>   Example:
>

> ** something
>

>   You press C-c C-s and you get:
>

> ** something
>    SCHEDULED: <2051-01-09 Mon>
>

>   You press S-M-right and you get:
>

> *** something
>    SCHEDULED: <2051-01-09 Mon>
>

>   The user can then manually decide whether he wants to correct
>   indentations for each line.

I fail to see how this would be useful. In particular, it fails if the
section has contents prior to the scheduling step. Also, it doesn't
solve Sébastien's problem.

Regards,