Re: [O] Tabs in export of code

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Tabs in export of code
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:05:36 -0800

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015, Giuseppe Lipari wrote:

Dear all,

I am preparing a set of slides with examples of java code. I am using the
beamer exporter, configured for using minted with the following options:

[snip]

Ok, now the problem.I want to export a slide with this snippet:

#+BEGIN_SRC java
 class PrimeThread extends Thread {
     long minPrime;
     PrimeThread(long minPrime) {
         this.minPrime = minPrime;
     }

     public void run() {
         // compute primes larger than minPrime
     }
 }
 PrimeThread p = new PrimeThread(143);
 p.start();
#+END_SRC

There is not tab in this snipper (I never use tabs in code, only spaces).
Unfortunately, when opening the tex file, I see that a tab has been
introduced whenever 8 consecutive spaces are found, in particular at line 4.

This happens deep down (in org-indent-line-to, I guess) and AFAICS you do not have an option to set to change this.

But you can use a filter function to change the TABs to spaces. This seems to handle your case:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions
               (lambda (x y z)
                 (replace-regexp-in-string "\t" "        " x nil t)))
#+END_SRC

If you want to only do this for src blocks, then use `org-export-filter-src-block-functions' instead.

See

        (info "(org) Advanced configuration")

under `Filters' for details.

HTH,