Re: [O] eliminating blocked tasks from printed agenda

From: Mike Ashley
Subject: Re: [O] eliminating blocked tasks from printed agenda
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 10:15:07 -0500

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 06:24:32AM -0500, Mike Ashley wrote:
> I am having a configuration problem I was hoping to get some help
> with. I have a simple agenda configuration file that looks like this.
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>   '(("o" "Office tasks"
>       tags-todo "OFFICE"
>       nil
>       ("~/agenda.pdf"))))
>
> And I have the custom variable org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks set to the
> symbol invisible.

I apologize.  I realized I neither anticipated some obvious questions
nor did I include enough information to reproduce.  I am running Emacs
23.4.1 and org 8.2.9.  Here is a complete .emacs file and org file to
demonstrate the problem.

First the .emacs file.

;;; -----------------------------
(add-to-list 'load-path "~mike/projects/org-mode/lisp")
(setq org-agenda-files '("~mike/Documents/notes/gtd.org"))
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(require 'org)

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
  '(("o" "Agenda and office-related tasks"
      tags-todo "OFFICE"
      nil
      ("~/agenda.pdf"))))

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks (quote invisible))
 '(org-enforce-todo-dependencies t))
;;; -----------------------------

Now the gtd.org file.

#+STARTUP: overview indent
#+TAGS: OFFICE(o) HOME(h)
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE

* Miscellaneous
** TODO One                                                         :OFFICE:
** TODO Two                                                           :HOME:
* Project one
:PROPERTIES:
:ORDERED: t
:END:
** TODO First project task                                          :OFFICE:
** TODO This task should be blocked                                 :OFFICE:

If I C-c a, I get the correct agenda.  If I C-x w to agenda.txt or C-c
a e to create agenda.pdf, the created files include the blocked task.
What can I do to make the exported agenda match the agenda in buffer?

Mike