[O] PROPERTY inheritance at the file level, and picking up all items

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: [O] PROPERTY inheritance at the file level, and picking up all items
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:57:40 +0000

I’m trying to set up a buffer-wide property value for my project files.

Currently I have a level-1 header like this:

* project

:PROPERTIES:

:project_name: this_projects_name

:END:

I know this can be inherited by sub project, but I have many more level-1 headers

* level1 header

** sub header

I can’t seem to find a way to set up the property :project_name: to be a file-level or buffer-level property that is inherited and visible in custom agendas.

I’ve tried several variants including a level-0 property drawer and using #+PROPERTY :project_name project_name

(setq org-columns-default-format "%10CATEGORY %30ITEM %TODO %PRIORITY %20project_name %LastWorked(Last Worked On) %LastWorked(Hours Ago)address@hidden %FILE")

Custom agenda command:

("Z" "Last Worked skip" ((alltodo "" ((org-agenda-skip-function (lambda nil (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote notregexp) "\\:LastWorked\\:")))

(org-agenda-sticky nil)

(org-agenda-view-columns-initially t)  <<<this also seems to not be working

(org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tsia-down todo-state-down)))))))

The Skip function works great, but unfortunately the agenda also does not pick up any headers without a  TODO state even if they match the LastWorked regexp.

If anybody can provide some insight on either of these problems I would be much obliged!

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.