Re: [O] [RFC] Display most recent log item in Agenda

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Display most recent log item in Agenda
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 22:13:22 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not terribly worried about finding the real last state note with
> 100% accuracy -- as you say, that's not really possible. This would be a
> convenience function displaying a useful bit of information, and if it
> fails to do so no planes will crash.

I should try to answer this to bug reports.

More seriously, if the function is using some heuristics to find the
last note, this should be documented somewhere (e.g., a caveat when
`org-log-into-drawer' is nil).

> I'd be inclined just to go to the location of `org-log-beginning', look
> around for likely log notes, show the most recent one if we can find
> it, and bail if not. What do you think?

That's the idea. The tricky part may be "look around for likely log
notes", depending on how hard you want to try.

Regards,