Re: [O] Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Open all #+INCLUDED:d files?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:35:59 -0500

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Is there an easy way of opening all INCLUDEd files in an org document,
>>> i.e. a single command or an easy way of doing it via some elisp code?
>>
>> Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "all".
>
> No problem - so I learned about C-c & - very useful.
>
>> But yeah, it should be easy with org-element-map.  Map over all
>> keywords, ensure they are INCLUDE keywords, move point to their :begin
>> and call org-edit-special or similar.  You could use save-excursion,
>> save-window-excursion to make it not suck.  You'd might have to widen
>> first, then you could use save-restriction.
>
> OK - I might look into it when I get to annoyed by the manual approach.

The old exporter provided a function, org-export-handle-include-files-recurse,
that allowed an org-to-org export, recursively including the files. The
commit that introduced it was

   5633f7084a96298f415f07c348844bd5f22eb81e

I didn't find a commit that deleted it but that's not surpising: it
probably went away when the new exporter came in.

It should be possible to add a similar function (based on element
mapping as Rasmus suggests).

There is also a function in org-hacks on Worg that did what you
are trying to do, but since it was based on the above, it no longer
works:

        http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#sec-1-10-2

That section needs to be marked obsolete (or taken out altogether).

Nick