Re: [O] unlinking links

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] unlinking links
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 19:39:09 +0100

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

>> FWIW, I don't think it is useful enough for inclusion in core.
>
> Why not?

Because we cannot possibly stuff everything related to Org in core.

The function saves a few keystrokes, but considering how often I expect
it to be used, the benefit from using it seems rather negligible.

OTOH, putting it on Worg gives it some exposure, so it isn't lost in the
mailing list archives.

Of course, this is all IMO, and other developers, or Bastien, could
disagree.

> Or perhaps I should ask: how is it determined whether
> something's useful enough for core? :-)

As for myself, the following works surprisingly well in various
situations:

  (defun ngz-answering-helper (&optional from-wife-p)
    (cond (from-wife-p 'yes)
          ((= (random 10) 0) 'yes)
          (t 'no)))

Regards,