Re: [O] Several org-entities to be fixed.

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Several org-entities to be fixed.
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:26:04 +0100

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for the patch.

Konstantin Kliakhandler <address@hidden> writes:

> On all the computers I've used so far, including: Windows[8, 8.1] ,
> OSX[Mavericks,Yosemite], debian[wheezy], ubuntu[14.04.1], I've seen the
> same problem: the org-entities symbols for phi and varphi were inverted,
> and the symbol for setminus was displayed as a W with a strike-through.

Actually, it's not so obvious.  LaTeX has it the wrong way around, as far
as I know.  See also:

   https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/issues/353

(I read this first on Wikipedia, but I can't find the link now).

Note that M-x set-input-method RET TeX RET \phi produces φ as well.
Likewise, the org-entities correspond to what Firefox shows when exporting
to HTML.

> Attached is a patch that exchanges between the inverted symbols, and
> replaces the W symbol by the unicode 'SET MINUS' symbol.

Actually the current symbol "backslash" looks better with my fonts, but
the one you suggests is the correct one.

Beside the above concerns wrt \phi you need to include at proper changelog
in the commit message.  See

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#unnumbered-4

Also, if you do not have FSF copyright papers sorted out you need to add
TINYCHANGE.  See the same page.

—Rasmus

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer