Re: [O] Customizing Timestamps in html Export.

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Customizing Timestamps in html Export.
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 12:11:37 +0000

On 26/11/14 11:23, Ian Barton wrote:
I can't work out how to do this. I want to customize the format of
timestamps when I publish a project to html. There seem to be various
variables, such as org-html-metadata-timestamp-format, which customize
the format in pre and postambles and when using the DATE: buffer option,
but nothing that affects the format of timestamps in the body text.

The nearest I can find is org-time-stamp-custom-formats, which works if
org-display-custom-times is set. However, I am happy with the default
when I am working in an org buffer and only want to customize the html
exported timestamp.

Ian.

Thanks to Rick Frankel for confirming this. Sorry I can't reply directly, bu the cat just deleted your message:)

However, the using the minimal.el:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; activate debugging
(setq debug-on-error t)
(setq debug-on-quit t)

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/src/lisp")
(require 'org)

;; The following lines are always needed.  Choose your own keys.
 (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
 (global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
 (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
 (global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(setq org-html-metadata-timestamp-format "%a %d %B %Y ")
(setq org-time-stamp-custom-formats  "%a %d %B %Y ")

#+end_src

and the following test.org:

#+begin_src

The date: [2014-12-01 Mon]

#+end_src

gives the following result with C-c C-x C-t

The date: [2014-12-01 Mon]

Since nobody else has reported this, I imagine it's a case of user stupidity, rather than a bug.

Can anyone point out my error?

Ian.