[O] how to export to HTML keeping the whitespaces

From: jenia.ivlev
Subject: [O] how to export to HTML keeping the whitespaces
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:18:13 -0500

Hello:

I want to export to HTML and keep the white spaces.
Normally, I have to do skip a line (two newline characters) or use
#+begin_verse... #+end_verse.
Which is not optimal. The two new lines take up too much space, and the
begin/end verse don't export in the same to way to HTML as it does to
text.
To HTML it keep the indentation corresponding to its location in the
tree, and to text it has a constant indentation (indentation it gives to
verse i think).
So what is the proper way to do this? How do I instruct org-export to
keep the whitespaces?

Thanks very much in advnace for your time and kind help.