[O] How to inspect a document and check for the presence of source block

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] How to inspect a document and check for the presence of source block language names and support
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 20:08:09 -0600

Good evening,

My goal is to obtain the following behavior in org mode for a document:
1) Report an error if there is a source block without a language
   specified
2) Report an error if there is a source block with a language specified
   that is *not* present in `org-babel-load-languages'

I've thought about ways to do this and come up with:
1) Visually inspect the document
2) Use `org-element' to parse and process the document

What are some other ways and what do you think about these two options?

Emacs version: `24.4.1'

Org version: `8.2.10'

Kind regards,
--