Re: [O] [org-drill] understand description-lists

From: Puneeth Chaganti
Subject: Re: [O] [org-drill] understand description-lists
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:36:53 +0530

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use org-drill to train my Spanish vocabulary.  However,
> it's essential that I can also export my file for "offline-review".  I
> don't want to maintain two files.  I like to organize my file like this:
>
> *** Days
> - lunes     :: Monday
> - martes    :: Tuesday
> - miércoles :: Wednesday
> - jueves    :: Thursday
> - viernes   :: Friday
> - sábado    :: Saturday
> - domingo   :: Sunday
>
> Is it possible to have org-drill realize that each side of the
> description item is a side of a card, and that the closest headline is a
> topic?

org-drill sets properties on each drill headline, to keep track of
your progress while learning that item.  So, I'm not sure it would be
easy to do without maintaining two files.

One idea could be to have a function that creates (and updates/merges)
an org-drill file from the normal file that you use for export.
org-drill ships with functions [1] for merging two drill
files/buffers.

Paul, the author of org-drill, may have better ideas, though.

[1] - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-drill.html#sec-11

--
Puneeth