Re: [O] Patch org-capture-set-target-location

From: Roberto Huelga
Subject: Re: [O] Patch org-capture-set-target-location
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:54:57 +0100

Sorry for make you lose your time.

Using the package version of 20141124 of org, the bug is present, but in the git master, it's solved in a nicer way. By in the org-capture-place-entry function getting out of the cond the test of :exact-position

Package version:

    (cond
     ((org-capture-get :exact-position)
      (goto-char (org-capture-get :exact-position)))
     ((not target-entry-p)

Git Master version:

    (and (org-capture-get :exact-position)
     (goto-char (org-capture-get :exact-position)))
    (cond
     ((not target-entry-p)

Thank you very much.

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Roberto Huelga <address@hidden> writes:

> Patch proposal for org-capture-set-target-location

Thanks for the patch.

> The idea is that when somebody use the function or file+function targets
> you can make the template subheading from the heading where the
> custom-function set the point.
> org-capture-set-target-loction force the org-capture-plist :exact-position
> to (point).
> So the template is inserted in the same level not as subheading
>
> With my patch the custom-function can (org-capture-put :exact-position
> nil), and now if point its placed in a heading the template is created as
> his subheading.

AFAIU, :exact-position is an internal property (it isn't documented in
(info "(org) Template elements"). You are not expected to set it
directly.

After a cursory look into "org-capture.el", if (point) is on a headline,
the template should create a subheading (see `org-capture-place-entry').
Can't you use that instead?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou