[O] [patch] extend org-meta-return to keywords

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] [patch] extend org-meta-return to keywords
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 02:23:48 +0100

Hi,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Something I have wanted for a while is to have M-RET work "as
> expected"(?)  on keyword lines such as #+LATEX_HEADER, #+CAPTION etc.
> [...]
> Attached is a quick patch that works surprisingly well.  I would work
> more on it if you guys agree this would be useful.  It probably need
> much more work for corner-cases (any ideas what these are)?

Attached is a new version of the patch that will respect the variables
that also govern `org-insert-headline'.  It's smarter and preserves the
layout better.

E.g. (where | is the cursor)

   #+CAP|TION: foo

After M-RET it becomes

   #+CAPTION: foo
   #+CAPTION: |

A keyword-line is inserted above when one press M-RET between BOL and "#".

Keywords that an element can only have one of will not be inserted.
E.g.

    #+NAME: foo|

After M-RET it becomes

    #+NAME: foo
    * |

Any opinions?

—Rasmus

--
I hear there's rumors on the, uh, Internets. . .