[O] org-context at the beginning of a link

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] org-context at the beginning of a link
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:31:51 -0800

Hello,

I'm using a function that relies on `org-element-link-parser'. According
to the documentation, the point needs to be at the element of the link
for it to work. I wrote a small function that takes me to the beginning
of a link, but it fails when the point is already at the beginning of
the link. Here is a reproducible recipe showing the problem.

Open this attached tiny org file:
Start

[[file:link.org][link]]

End
Put the point on the 'i' of "link", for instance by (goto-char 26).

Look up the context: (org-context). I get ((:link 8 31))

Go to the beginning of the link: (goto-char 8)

Look up the context: (org-context). I get ((:link nil 31))

Is there a reason why the context is different at the beginning of the
link?

Thanks,

Alan

--