[O] calendar (backwards-)integration

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [O] calendar (backwards-)integration
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:46:12 +0000

The Org Mode docs [1] say:

| In order to include entries from the Emacs diary into Org mode's
| agenda, you only need to customize the variable
|
|      (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

Is there any way to include data in the other direction, so that
scheduled events are marked in the calendar?

It's possible to display scheduled events in Calfw:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.../emacs-calfw")
(require 'calfw)
(require 'calfw-org)
;; for convenience:
(defalias 'org-calendar 'cfw:open-org-calendar)

But I'd prefer to do this with the built-in calendar if possible.

Joe

[1]: http://orgmode.org/manual/Weekly_002fdaily-agenda.html