Re: [O] org-mode pretty entities has \perp but not \parallel

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode pretty entities has \perp but not \parallel
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:14:25 +0100

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I expected \parallel to work after success with \perp. That is,
> I've executed in buffer M-x org-toggle-pretty-entities RET, and I
> expected to see \parallel as unicode ∥, since \perp is overlayed
> (correct term?) with ⟂.

\parallel should be added IMO as it's supported by vanilla LaTeX.

Would you be interested in providing a patch?  You would have to add it
to org-entities.el, e.g. after the perp entity and then send the patch
to this list.

>  Though, the former is pretty hard to see, so maybe it was decided
> against.

Maybe you don't have a good font?  My Emacs picks it up from Biolinum.

—Rasmus

--
Sådan en god dansk lagereddike kan man slet ikke bruge mere