[O] language comparison framework

From: Michael Bach
Subject: [O] language comparison framework
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:32:40 +0100

Hi all,

I found a nice comparison of python, R and matlab[1].  This type of
comparison is available for other domains as well[2].  Now the sources
for these are on github[3].  The markup looks, erhm, unpleasant, i.e.
hard to edit, unless you use wikidot[4] - which is what the author uses.
 Now I was wondering how easy / hard it would be to translate (a subset)
of these to org-mode, since it would be much more comfortable to edit.
By this I mean e.g. links from row titles to a glossary at the end,
table code cells as verbatim, notes typographically different (italic
and grey) etc.

I do have crude macros and with a little manual tweaking, I can convert
the tables to org-tables.  This is tedious and I would appreciate any
ideas on how you would automate the section linking and table-wide (or
column-wide) typesetting instructions (see also my previous post[5]).

Also, I am curious about whether someone already cooked up a home grown
comparison framework in org-mode.

Best Regards,
Michael

[1] http://hyperpolyglot.org/numerical-analysis