Re: [O] org-insert-heading

From: Luke Crook
Subject: Re: [O] org-insert-heading
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 03:14:49 +0000 (UTC)

Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Point is /before/ the ellipses here. You need to move after them,
e.g.,
> using C-f or mess with `org-special-ctrl-a/e'.
>
> Regards,

OK thanks. I understood "behind the ellipses at the end of a headline"
as "before" the ellipses, not "after".

But I still don't think it works as it is meant to.

Org creates a new list item in the folded heading if the last line is a
list item.  Otherwise org creates a new heading at the same level as the
folded heading.

So

* TEST<cursor here, then M-enter>
- skfjdskjfs

gives the following

* TEST
* <cursor here>
- skfjdskjfs

But

* Test...<cursor here, then M-enter>

gives the following

* TEST
- skfjdskjfs
- <cursor here>

Also the following won't create a new header or list item at all.

* TEST...
<cursor here, then M-enter>

Doesn't do anything