Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:51:42 +0100

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:

> Isn't that somehow duplicate with `org-indent-mode' (which I don't
> enable either)?

`org-indent-mode' sets `org-adapt-indentation' to nil _and_ indents
virtually (no modification to the document) body as if
`org-adapt-indentation' wasn't nil.

There's no duplication here.

> Would I want to let the indentation following the level of the entries,
> I'm not sure what I'd have to do:
>
> - (org-indent-mode), and/or
> - (setq org-adapt-indentation t)?

I cannot decide for you. But editing will certainly be snappier without
`org-indent-mode' active.

> [1] And that simplifies A LOT file diffs...
>
>     Hence, another question: shouldn't the default be reversed (no
>     adaption of indentation, by default)?

I like the current default. However I don't mind changing it if it is
very uncommon among users to set it to a non-nil value.

Note that it doesn't appear in
<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-customization-survey.html>.
Admittedly, the survey is outdated.

Regards,