Re: [O] org links and outshine

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] org links and outshine
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 11:16:21 +0100

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Alan,

> On 2014-11-03 09:06, Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I just used http://goo.gl/pYYzS6 and it worked fine; that looks like
>>> an org mode link.
>>
>> It is an Org-mode link inserted with C-c C-l while writing the post in
>> the *outorg-edit-buffer*, in case this was a question.
>
> I'll seize this opportunity to ask about this: I have my emacs init file
> in outshine syntax, and inside it there are several links (to info
> pages, to gnus messages, and so on). They look great and can be acted
> upon in org mode, but not so great in lisp mode. Could it be possible
> for outshine to nicely display these links?

nice display of links is done with overlays in Org-mode, see e.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun org-toggle-link-display ()
  "Toggle the literal or descriptive display of links."
  (interactive)
  (if org-descriptive-links
      (progn (org-remove-from-invisibility-spec '(org-link))
             (org-restart-font-lock)
             (setq org-descriptive-links nil))
    (progn (add-to-invisibility-spec '(org-link))
           (org-restart-font-lock)
           (setq org-descriptive-links t))))
#+END_SRC

and it might be easy to port this to outshine, unfortunately I have _no_
time right now, maybe you could have a look yourself (patches very
welcome).

Another requested feature is making the :ARCHIVE: tag work in outshine,
something I definitely would like to have too, maybe thats related to
'invisibility-spec' too (hide archived subtrees when doing visibility
cycling), but unfortuntely right now I cannot investigate.

--
cheers,
Thorsten