Re: [O] Translating 'Table of Contents' string on exports

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Translating 'Table of Contents' string on exports
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:26:01 +0100

Hello,

Leslie Harlley Watter <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been trying to translate 'Table of contents' on some exporting methods
> like HTML, PDF export and beamer PDF.
>
> Some of my findings let me to ox.el which have org-export-dictionary list.
>
> Despite having pt_BR terms added to the list and chosen #LANGUAGE as
> pt_BR I don't get a successfull change of the term.

It should be

  #+LANGUAGE: pt_BR

> Attached is a patch against master to add pt_BR terms to the list.

Thank you for the patch.

> If somebody could please point me out what I'm missing I would be glad
> to send some patches to have the translation working.

I think it should work with the advice above, and your patch. However,
would you format your commit message according to guidelines at

       http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#unnumbered-10

> +     ("pt_BR" :html "Notas de Rodap&eacute;" :default "Notas de Rodapé")

Since default value is not compatible with plain ASCII export, maybe
a specific :ascii entry could be used.

> +     ("pt_BR" :default "Índice de Tabelas")

Ditto.

> +     ("pt_BR" :html "Veja a se&ccedil;&atilde;o %s" :default "Veja a seção
> %s")

Ditto.

>       ("fr" :ascii "Destination inconnue" :default "Référence inconnue")
> +     ("pt_BR" :default "Referência desconhecida")

Ditto.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou