Re: [O] Org-plot/org-babel-gnuplot not working

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [O] Org-plot/org-babel-gnuplot not working
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 01:33:52 +0100

Le 04/11/2014 à 03h47, John Hendy a écrit :
> Could you post the gnuplot/babel relevant stuff from your .emacs?

This:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
;; active Babel languages
(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((gnuplot . t)))
;; add additional languages with '((language . t)))
#+END_SRC

Of course it’s not enough. It doesn’t work. I saw this here:
<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.html>
(got the link on #org-mode asking for help).

Le 04/11/2014 à 04h48, John Hendy a écrit :
> Just took a look at the worg page and gave it a whirl in the style of
> Org 8.x. Indeed, the babel/setup section is oudated, and I'm not sure
> if 7.9.3f is on the "old style" or new style. I thought there was a
> sort of "pre-8.0" version of Org that still adhered to the newer
> syntax. In any case, take a look at the attached .org file with my
> minimal setup which works successfully for me. Hopefully it's
> self-explanatory. I attached my pdf export as well.

I already tried to eval your code, and it… oh… it turns out it works…
but… it’s the same that mine in my .emacs.d/init.el.

/And then, once more, it suddenly worked without any explanation/

Ok it works it’s great. Does any plot previewing exist? I mean, with the
image *in* the buffer, like for LaTeX preview feature (maybe I should
ask in a separate mail…)?