Re: [O] Properties in agenda view

From: Dominic Surano
Subject: Re: [O] Properties in agenda view
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:14:52 +0000 (UTC)

Toby St Clere Smithe <mail <at> tsmithe.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> How might I adjust the agenda view so that as well as displaying the
> dates and names of entries, some property / properties of my choosing
> are displayed? For instance, I have entries with a "LOCATION" property,
> and would like to see that in the agenda view.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Toby

This can be done with custom agenda commands using tables. Something like
this should work:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
 '(("1" . "Custom sorted tables")
   ("1t" agenda "Tasks agenda table (active only)"
    ((org-agenda-skip-function
      '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'nottodo '("TODO" "WAITING" "CANCELLED"
"DELEGATED" "DONE")))
    (org-agenda-overriding-columns-format "%75ITEM %20DEADLINE
%100Location")
    (org-agenda-view-columns-initially t))))

This works with tasks that have the following format:

* TODO Go Grocery Shopping
  DEADLINE: <2014-11-04 Tue>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Location: Trader Joe's
  :END:

The above example is for sorted agenda. This can also be accomplished for
unsorted task lists.