Re: [O] Org-plot/org-babel-gnuplot not working

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Org-plot/org-babel-gnuplot not working
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 21:48:31 -0600

Greetings,

Just took a look at the worg page and gave it a whirl in the style of
Org 8.x. Indeed, the babel/setup section is oudated, and I'm not sure
if 7.9.3f is on the "old style" or new style. I thought there was a
sort of "pre-8.0" version of Org that still adhered to the newer
syntax. In any case, take a look at the attached .org file with my
minimal setup which works successfully for me. Hopefully it's
self-explanatory. I attached my pdf export as well.

I was going to update worg while I was at it... but it seems to be
down for me, at least intermittently. Very odd, as
downforeveryoneorjustme.com says orgmode.org is up... but I can't ping
it and get webpage not available in both Chrome and Firefox??

In any case, hopefully this gets you going and I'll update the worg page.

Please note the section about gnuplot.el. Perhaps at one time this
needed to be downloaded from somewhere else. It shipped with my linux
package, and I downloaded gnuplot right from their site, which also
contains gnuplot.el, so you should be all set as long as you have
gnuplot installed/in your path (try going `$ gnuplot --version` from a
terminal) and copy gnuplot.el to one of your load-path locations.
Redundant to put that in the email as it's in the attached, but for
skimmers who aren't going to download I thought I'd say it twice :)

Best regards,
John