Re: [O] Org-plot/org-babel-gnuplot not working

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Org-plot/org-babel-gnuplot not working
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 20:47:54 -0600

On Nov 3, 2014 7:44 PM, "Garreau, Alexandre" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, when I do `org-plot/gnuplot' on a org-plot figure it says
> “org-plot/gnuplot: Cannot open load file: gnuplot”.
>
> I also tried org-babel-gnuplot, and on an example code, C-c C-c says
> “org-babel-execute-src-block: No org-babel-execute function for
> gnuplot!”.
>
> I’m under Debian Testing (Jessy), have version "GNU Emacs 24.3.1
> (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2) of 2014-09-07 on babin,
> modified by Debian", with Org version 7.9.3f, I’ve installed gnuplot-x11
> package via distro, then gnuplot-mode via distro *and* elpa, then org-babel
> via ELPA (not found in distro), and I put some come in my init.el to
> activate gnuplot, according this:
> <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.html>.
>
> What could be the cause?

Let me take a look. I believe I wrote that worg page a long time ago. I no longer use gnuplot but would be happy to try and reproduce!

Could you post the gnuplot/babel relevant stuff from your .emacs?

For the record, I'm on Org 8+ and there have been a lot of changes since 7.9, so my results and yours may vary. Then again, I would have written that from 7.x, so who knows. More in a bit, unless someone beats me :)

John