Re: [O] org-babel-detangle not working

From: Jaakko Järvi
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel-detangle not working
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 19:43:41 -0600

Hi Grant,

This is exactly the behavior I get too.
Thank you for documenting it precisely.

Let me clarify one step:

“put the cursor on line 2 in ex1.js, _and modify that line_, and
then call org-babel-detangle”

And no, I don’t think what happens is the expected behavior.

I would expect the contents of the source block in ex1.org
to be replaced with the modified contents of the block in ex1.js.

But that does not happen.

(One could imagine that org-babel-detangle would detangle the entire
buffer back to the org file, but based on what I understand of the
code of org-babel-detangle, it is only trying to detangle one
block; perhaps another function to do the former, say
org-babel-detangle-buffer, would be a useful command
as well)

Best,

  Jaakko