Re: [O] org-babel-detangle not working

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel-detangle not working
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 19:23:08 -0600

Good evening,

1 Attempt
═════════

  Just tried out your example. So it is crystal clear, I did use the
  following:

1.1 Source input: ex1.org
─────────────────────────

  ┌────
  │ * Heading
  │
  │ #+BEGIN_SRC js :comments noweb :tangle yes :padline no
  │   function foo() {}
  │ #+END_SRC
  └────

1.2 Tangled output: ex1.js
──────────────────────────

  ┌────
  │ // [[file:~/tmp/ex1.org::*Heading][Heading:1]]
  │   function foo() {}
  │ // Heading:1 ends here
  └────

2 Comments & Questions
══════════════════════

  When I open the tangled output file, opened it in a buffer, put the
  cursor on line 2, and call `org-babel-detangle', the buffer switches
  to ex1.org, and then I get the message:

        Return to existing edit buffer ([n] will revert changes)?
        (y or n)

  Whether I choose yes or not, the current buffer always returns to
  ex1.js.

  Is this expected?

3 Environment
═════════════

  ┌────
  │ (print emacs-version)
  └────

  ┌────
  │ "24.3.1"
  └────

  ┌────
  │ (print org-version)
  └────

  ┌────
  │ "8.2.8"
  └────

  ┌────
  │ (print (pp-to-string org-babel-default-header-args))
  └────

  ┌────
  │ "((:eval . \"always\")
  │  (:padline . \"no\")
  │  (:noweb . \"no-export\")
  │  (:exports . \"both\")
  │  (:results . \"output replace\")
  │  (:comments . \"no\")
  │  (:session . \"none\")
  │  (:cache . \"no\")
  │  (:hlines . \"no\")
  │  (:tangle . \"no\"))
  │ "
  └────

  ┌────
  │ (print (pp-to-string org-babel-default-header-args:R))
  └────

  ┌────
  │ "((:session . \"*R*\"))
  │ "
  └────

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Jaakko Järvi <address@hidden> wrote:
> There seems to be something wrong with detangling.
> Would it be working, it would be a really wonderful feature.
>
> Detangling moves back to the org buffer and opens a source block editing
> buffer,
> but does not change to block in the org buffer.
>
> Is detangling working for some? I see this same issue described around
> 2013:
>
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/75290/focus=75299
>
> Below, a minimal test.org file and its tangled output.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Jaakko Järvi
>
> - test.org --------------------------------------------
> * Heading
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC js :comments noweb :tangle yes :padline no
>   function foo() {}
> #+END_SRC

> // [[file:~/test/test.org::*Heading][Heading:1]]
> function foo() {}
> // Heading:1 ends here

Grant Rettke
address@hidden | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson