Re: [O] [RFC/PATCH] org-goto: Update for isearch changes

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC/PATCH] org-goto: Update for isearch changes
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 23:27:07 +0100

Hello,

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> As of Emacs 24.4, isearch no longer has the function
> isearch-other-control-char, which is bound in
> org-goto-local-auto-isearch-map.
>
> I've attached a patch that seems to produce the correct behavior with
> Emacs 24.4. However, I haven't used this interface enough in the past (I
> have org-goto-interface set to 'outline-path-completion') to be
> confident that the patch keeps the intended behavior.

C-i and C-m seem to work out the box in Emacs 24.4 anyway. Maybe the
following is sufficient:

  (when (fboundp 'isearch-other-control-char)
    (define-key ...)
    (define-key ...))

I.e, no need to bind these keys to nil.

Also, you should add a comment about deprecation once we drop support
for emacs 24.3.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou