[O] Anyone using or interested in an org to Rmarkdown exporter?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] Anyone using or interested in an org to Rmarkdown exporter?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:37:03 -0500

Good morning,

Last week I started learning about [RMarkdown]. It is a [literate
programming] tool implemented in, and for, the [ℝ programming
language]. Although I haven't dug in deep yet, I do know that (1) it is
/basically/ [Markdown] and that (2) `org' exports both to [vanilla
markdown] and also [GitHub flavored Markdown] and that (3) a lot of my
peers use `RMarkdown' and not `org'. With that that in mind I got
curious about what it would take to write an `org2rmarkdown' exporter.

The scope of my interest is one-time exports for the most basic and
simple `org' document. As such, right now I have no requirements beyond
thinking about the opportunity. After doing some Internet searches,
there does not seem to be an exporter right now. Questions:

• Does one exist and I missed it?
• Do you have any interest in such an exporter?
• Has anyone else ever thought of doing this? If yes, why didn't you?
• My guess is that doing an exporter that [builds on an existing
  exporter], mentioned above, would be a great start. Thoughts?
  • The big difference seems to be control statements passed to the
    interpreter, which may or may not be necessary to convert. If not,
    than the *stock* `markdown' exporter would provide everything

Kind regards,

[RMarkdown] http://rmarkdown.rstudio.com/

[literate programming]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literate_programming