Re: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 22:59:59 -0400

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Jay Iyer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Thorsten,
>> The file entries are as follows and the task/note/project sub-heads
>> generally don't have active/inactive timestamps except when a
>> scheduling/deadline is specified.  Thanks.
>> ** 2014-10 October
>> *** 2014-10-01 Wednesday
>> **** TODO first task
>> **** General note entry
>> **** Project                  :prj:
>
> I just read the term 'datetree' again in another post, maybe I'm not
> up-to-date and it is idiomatic Org-mode use, then sorry for the noise ...

I don't think it's well documented (I couldn't find a reference in the
manual) or well supported. org-capture does provide for it (see the doc
for org-capture-templates) but afaict that's the only significant use of
it - org-agend uses it for diary-related stuff and org-archive has to be
able to archive it and that's it. The (rather thin) support for it is in
org-datetree.el.

If there are use cases out there, it might be worth collecting them and
then thinking about how to support them better. If there aren't, maybe
it should be thrown out.

--
Nick