Re: [O] An Org-mode LaTeX class?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] An Org-mode LaTeX class?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:15:21 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> Imagine someone wrote a dedicated Org-mode LaTeX class, and the LaTeX
> exporter got an option to export to this class.  The class modifies
> LaTeX so that it supports all Org's elements and objects, and things
> like tags, timestamps, checkboxes etc.  Moreover, the look of these
> elements is configurable on the LaTeX end, and further by means of Org
> options.  This way, we drop the "generic LaTeX" thing (which is nice for
> people sending articles to journals etc. – so my dream should not
> replace the current LaTeX exporter, only constitute a variant!), but
> instead we gain a beautiful, configurable pdf rendering of Org buffers.
>
> What do you think?

Make sure to have a look at expl3 (and others like e.g. xparse and
xstring) package, i.e. upcoming LaTeX 3, before writing this class,
because as a programming language the new version seems highly superior,
and will most likely result in much cleaner and more readable code.

Its well documented, search for 'The LaTeX 3 Interface' and 'The expl3
Package and LaTeX 3 Programming'.

--
cheers,
Thorsten