Re: [O] refiling as child with function-filing-location

From: Per Unneberg
Subject: Re: [O] refiling as child with function-filing-location
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:51:29 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm messing about with some similar template-placement routines, so I
> tried your recipe below, and it worked for me... Capture by default

Odd, as I still can't get it to work. I tried it out with emacs -Q, just
defining that org-capture template and running it on a simple example.

> will create a child of the heading point is on, so I really don't see
> why this wouldn't work. You've stepped through the function and
> confirmed that the (goto-char (point-at-bol)) line leaves you at the
> "Log" heading?

Yes, it leaves point at the very beginnig of that heading. The template
itself is always inserted at point, so it ends up as a sibling just
before the Log heading. Actually, the only way I can get it to work is
if Log has a child, and I add a (org-goto-first-child) after locating
the Log heading.

> Is the tree structure folded or open at the time? You might try an
> (org-reveal) after the (org-clock-goto); I'm still not really clear on
> the interaction between visibility and heading insertion.

Me neither, but unfortunately changing visibility doesn't help.

> Anyway, I can't reproduce the problem -- do try messing with
> visibility...

Ok, thanks anyway for your input, I'll figure it out some other way.

Cheers,

Per