[O] how to avoid item expansion when changing status?

From: Maciej Kalisiak
Subject: [O] how to avoid item expansion when changing status?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:32:03 +0000

When I do C-c t d (TODO -> DONE) or similar status change on a TODO item, it accumulates meta-data like:
  CLOSED: [2014-10-26 Sun 11:25]
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2014-10-26 Sun 11:25]
So each such item "blows up" on screen from 1 line to 3 lines.

I do want to collect this data, but I do not want to necessarily see it when I'm just marking things DONE... there is no value to me seeing this at that point.

However, in some situations, I wish I knew which, when I change the status, the metadata is added BUT the item remains collapsed. I'd like to have this always happen. Can anyone suggest how to achieve this?