Re: [O] Stack overflow in regexp matcher

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Stack overflow in regexp matcher
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:24:00 +0200

On 2014-10-24 19:02, Charles Berry <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt <at> polytechnique.org> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just got the following backtrace when opening an org
>> file. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it reliably, but I was wondering
>> if others had seen something similar.
>>

> I do. Try this. Start emacs 24.4.1.
>
> 1) Copy this line:
>
>     CLOCK: [2013-07-22 Mon 12:29]--[2013-07-22 Mon 15:26] =>  2:57
>
> into a new *.org file.
>
> 2) Save and close the file and reopen.
>
> 3) If no such error, kill the text in the buffer, and yank it twice.
>
> 4) Repeat 2 and 3 till the message
>
>    File mode specification error: (error "Stack overflow in regexp matcher")
>
> shows up.
>
> 5) prune lines from the file and try step 2 till the error disappears.
>

> For me somewhere between 400 and 500 lines is the difference between opening
> with no error message and opening with the message.

Interesting. I don't use clocking, but the files in question use tags
and logbooks. I can actually open the file when I try a second time, so
to bisect this I would need to restart emacs each time. I'll try to see
if I can get a reproduceable recipe on my side.

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7