Re: [O] electric-indent-mode in Emacs 25 not indenting in Org

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: [O] electric-indent-mode in Emacs 25 not indenting in Org
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

On 20 October 2014, Bastien wrote:

But when I run Emacs 25 with emacs -Q, check to make sure
electric-indent-mode is enabled and see that it is because that's the
default, open foo.org, and type

* Heading

then when I hit return the cursor ends up under the *!

What happens if you run M-x electric-indent-mode RET *twice* (to
disable and re-enable it) after you open the buffer?

Nothing different---the cursor ends up under the * after I hit return (and under the H if I hit C-j, as someone else noticed).

Bill
--
William Denton ↔  Toronto, Canada ↔  https://www.miskatonic.org/