Re: [O] After org-agenda-tag-filter-preset, (search ".") seems to break.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] After org-agenda-tag-filter-preset, (search ".") seems to break.
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:45:10 +0200

Hi Brady,

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> For a global search, the result of custom command `g' seems to work,
> while the custom command `f' fails. I am guessing this has to do with
> `search' block is not tied in strongly to the greater set of custom
> command tools, but wanted to bring it to your attention in case it was
> found to be unwanted behavior.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>       '(("g" "Global search"
>          ((search ".")))
>         ("f" "Global search after tag filter"
>          ((search "."))
>          ((org-agenda-tag-filter-preset '("+work"))))))
> #+END_SRC
>
> In other words, the regexp wildcard `.' works with `(search ".")'
> alone, but seems to fail after a tag-filter, i.e. only headlines with
> periods in them work.

I cannot reproduce this: with your custom agenda views, when I hit
`C-c a f' in my agendas (with a different tag matching something here)
I do get a list of all items with the tag, including items that don't
have a dot in them.

Can you share a reproducible recipe with a minimal example?

Thanks,

--
 Bastien