Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:25:13 +0200

Hi Nicolas

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> As discussed previously, I would like to modify property drawers syntax.
> The change is simple: they must be located right after a headline and
> its planning line, if any.  Therefore the following cases are valid
>
>   * Headline
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :KEY: value
>     :END:
>
>   * Headline
>     SCHEDULED: <2014-10-14 mar.>
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :KEY: value
>     :END:

What about legacy multi line plain timestamp and planning info:

    * Yearly meeting
      <2013-09-22 Sun>
      <2014-10-19 Sun>
      SCHEDULED: <2015-01-01 Thu> Add next plain timestamp.
      :PROPERTIES:
      :KEY:      value
      :END:

    * Yearly task
      DEADLINE: <2013-09-22 Sun -2d>
      DEADLINE: <2014-10-19 Sun -2d>
      SCHEDULED: <2015-01-01 Thu> Add next deadline.
      :PROPERTIES:
      :KEY:      value
      :END:

Will they also become invalid as I tend to understand?

Can they be reordered as

    * Yearly meeting
      SCHEDULED: <2015-01-01 Thu> Add next plain timestamp.
      :PROPERTIES:
      :KEY:      value
      :END:
      <2014-10-19 Sun>
      <2013-09-22 Sun>

    * Yearly task
      [It seems it can not be only reordered.]

or will they have to be transformed into sub-headings like

    * Yearly meeting
      :PROPERTIES:
      :KEY:      value
      :END:
    ** Yearly meeting - 2013
       <2013-09-22 Sun>
    ** Yearly meeting - 2014
       <2014-10-19 Sun>
    ** Yearly meeting - Add next plain timestamp
       SCHEDULED: <2015-01-01 Thu>

    * Yearly task
      :PROPERTIES:
      :KEY:      value